- 1 Is it safe to stay in Union Square San Francisco?
- 2 What is Union Square like in San Francisco?
- 3 Does Macy’s Union Square validate parking?
- 4 What should I avoid in San Francisco?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Union Square or FIsherman’s Wharf?
- 6 What areas should I avoid in San Francisco?
- 7 Why is the tenderloin so bad?
- 8 Why is it called Union Square?
- 9 What is there to do in Union Square at night?
- 10 What stores are in Union Square San Francisco?
Is it safe to stay in Union Square San Francisco?
Union Square, adjacent to the Tenderloin, is a relatively safe district but is also a crowded shopping area, and pickpockets are active—so keep your valuables under wraps.
What is Union Square like in San Francisco?
Today, this one-block plaza and surrounding area is one of the largest collections of department stores, upscale boutiques, gift shops, art galleries, and beauty salons in the United States, making Union Square a major tourist destination and a vital, cosmopolitan gathering place in downtown San Francisco.
Does Macy’s Union Square validate parking?
When shopping with us at Macy’s, Beyond Black clients have two options to get 3-hours of free parking. Both at the Ellis O’Farrell Garage and Union Square Garage. Be sure to bring your ticket with you for validation.
What should I avoid in San Francisco?
The following is a list of 10 things everyone in San Francisco should avoid at all costs:
- Driving downtown San Francisco during games for the Giants.
- FIsherman’s Wharf.
- Bay Bridge Traffic.
- Outdoor parades and events (if you’re in a rush)
- Dog *business* on the sidewalk.
- Confusing cable cars with streetcars.
Is it better to stay in Union Square or FIsherman’s Wharf?
The Wharf is a fine place to spend a couple of hours, but to some Union Square is the City. Union Square is also a center for transit and all other areas are easily traveled to via bus, cable car, BART, metro or taxi.
What areas should I avoid in San Francisco?
Here are a few of the dangerous areas in San Francisco:
- Mission District. Also called “The Mission”, this neighborhood occupies 55,009 of San Francisco’s population.
- The Tenderloin.
- Western Addition.
- Potrero Hill.
- Pacific Heights.
- Nob Hill.
- Richmond District.
Why is the tenderloin so bad?
The Tenderloin is a high-crime neighborhood, particularly violent street crime such as robbery and aggravated assault. Seven of the top 10 violent crime plots (out of 665 in the entire city as measured by the San Francisco Police Department) are adjacent plots in the Tenderloin and Sixth and Market area.
Why is it called Union Square?
Union Square is a historic intersection and surrounding neighborhood in Manhattan, New York City, located where Broadway and the former Bowery Road – now Fourth Avenue – came together in the early 19th century. Its name denotes that “here was the union of the two principal thoroughfares of the island”.
What is there to do in Union Square at night?
Best Fun Things To Do At Night near Union Square, San Francisco, CA
- Cheaper Than Therapy. 0.2 mi.
- PianoFight. 0.2 mi.
- Sandbox Vr. 0.1 mi.
- The Escape Game San Francisco. 0.3 mi.
- Marrakech Magic Theater. 0.2 mi.
- Union Square Ice Rink. 0.1 mi.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. 0.3 mi.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 0.2 mi.
What stores are in Union Square San Francisco?
Union Square features luxury department stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s and Neiman Marcus, and high-end boutiques, such as Cartier, Chanel, Gucci, Polo Ralph Lauren and Tiffany & Co. A short walk away you will find Nordstom and Bloomingdales!