- 1 Is Ala Moana Beach Park Safe?
- 2 Is Waikiki Beach dangerous?
- 3 What is the best area to stay in Waikiki?
- 4 How far is Ala Moana Hotel from the beach?
- 5 Can you drink on Ala Moana beach?
- 6 Can you swim at Ala Moana?
- 7 What should I avoid in Oahu?
- 8 Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
- 9 Is Waikiki dangerous at night?
- 10 Is Uber cheaper than a taxi in Honolulu?
- 11 What is the best part of Honolulu to stay?
- 12 How many days do you need in Oahu?
Is Ala Moana Beach Park Safe?
Ala Moana is a safe area. Most crimes in Waikiki & Ala Moana area are between midnight to 4am. But there are relatively few crimes in the area.
Is Waikiki Beach dangerous?
The activities in the water at Waikiki beach are very very dangerous, too many people doing to many things in one area. Swimmers mixed with surfers and huge tour boats and outriggers speeding thru the crowd.
What is the best area to stay in Waikiki?
The Best Places in Honolulu for Tourists
- Waikiki. A former resort for Hawaiian royalty in the 1800s, Waikiki is Hawaii’s first travel destination.
- Ala Moana. North of Waikiki across the Ala Wai Canal is the Ala Moana neighborhood, known for shopping and white-sand beaches.
- Kaimuki and Kapahulu.
- Diamond Head.
How far is Ala Moana Hotel from the beach?
Ala Moana Hotel is 1.5 miles from Waikiki Beach, 2.5 miles from downtown Honolulu’s financial center and government offices, and a quick 8 miles from Honolulu International Airport.
Can you drink on Ala Moana beach?
It is unlawful to drink alcohol on the beach.
Can you swim at Ala Moana?
The reef breaks the surf, so the water inside the lagoon remains calm 99.9% of the time. Ala Moana Beach Park is great for swimming, whether it’s for fun or as part of an exercise program.
What should I avoid in Oahu?
What to Do in Oahu: 10 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- Never Leaving the Resort.
- Not Getting a Rental Car and Exploring the Island.
- Forgetting to Bring Cash.
- Having a Packed Schedule.
- Not Respecting Local Wildlife and Animals.
- Stepping On Coral.
- Taking Lava Rocks and Sand Home With You.
- Not Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone.
Are there sharks in Waikiki Beach?
Aloha, Sharks in Waikiki is very rare, I would not worry.
Is Waikiki dangerous at night?
Is Honolulu Safe at Night? Honolulu is safe at night, but you must stick to areas that have a lot of people around, including tourist areas to avoid getting yourself into any sort of trouble. Waikiki is considered to be safe, if you’re on your own or with a group of people.
Is Uber cheaper than a taxi in Honolulu?
Honolulu has the highest taxi prices in the nation and Uber is 40 percent cheaper, she told council members Wednesday. Riders and drivers who submitted testimony opposing the measure said taxis aren’t as reliable or affordable as ride-hailing companies.
What is the best part of Honolulu to stay?
Honolulu is divided into several neighborhoods, each with its own distinct style; from west to east, the best neighborhoods for travelers include Downtown (historic and government center), Ala Moana (white sand beach and the largest outdoor shopping mall in the world), Waikiki (busy beaches, lively nightlife, plentiful
How many days do you need in Oahu?
Five days is how many days you need to visit Oahu. With a minimum of five days on Oahu, you will have time to visit the south and north shores, see the best beaches, go to a luau, and do the worthwhile activities and sights around Oahu.