- 1 Who bought Benson for beds?
- 2 Are Bensons for Beds in trouble?
- 3 Are Bensons for Beds and Harveys the same company?
- 4 Is Benson for beds still trading?
- 5 Is Harveys going bust?
- 6 Are Slumberland Beds good?
- 7 What has happened to Harveys furniture?
- 8 Is it better to sleep on a hard mattress or soft?
- 9 What are the best mattresses to buy?
- 10 What is the best mattress for a bad back?
- 11 Why is Harveys furniture still closed?
- 12 Is Harveys furniture going into liquidation?
- 13 Are Harveys in financial trouble?
Who bought Benson for beds?
In November 2019, Bensons for Beds was acquired from Steinhoff International by UK -based private equity group Alteri Investors, alongside Harveys and upholstery and bedding manufacturer Relyon.
Are Bensons for Beds in trouble?
Update: Bensons for Beds, which operates 243 shops, has been bought in a pre-pack administration deal by turnaround firm Alteri Investors, its existing owner, saving nearly 2,000 jobs. Between 150 and 175 of its stores are expected to remain open, with about 50 being permanently closed.
Are Bensons for Beds and Harveys the same company?
HARVEY’S furniture store has collapsed into administration but partner retailer Bensons for Beds has been saved. PWC was appointed administrators on Tuesday. It says the Bensons arms of the business has been sold, protecting almost 2,000 jobs. The sale of the Bensons for Beds business has preserved 1,899 jobs.
Is Benson for beds still trading?
Bensons for Beds and stablemate Harveys have fallen into administration, with the former being bought out by previous owners Alteri in a pre-pack deal. Bensons for Beds, which operates 243 shops, has been bought in a pre-pack administration deal by turnaround firm Alteri Investors, saving nearly 2,000 jobs.
Is Harveys going bust?
November 2019: Harveys and Bensons for Beds had a change of hands after its parent company Blue Group was sold by Steinhoff to private equity owner Alteri Investors for an undisclosed sum. June 30: Harveys officially goes into administration, with the immediate loss of 240 jobs, and more than 1300 others at risk.
Are Slumberland Beds good?
Slumberland mattresses are mid-grade and have traditional designs with a focus on posture and ergonomics. They feature highly responsive pocketed coils, latex foam, and open cell foams. Overall, they get good reviews from customers on initial feel. However, there were some issues with durability for some sleepers.
What has happened to Harveys furniture?
Harveys furniture chain has reportedly collapsed into administration with the immediate loss of 240 jobs, with more than 1300 others at risk. The owner of Harveys and Bensons for Beds, Blue Group, has saved almost 2000 jobs with its new restructuring plan, but 1000 jobs currently remain at risk.
Is it better to sleep on a hard mattress or soft?
While having a firmer mattress provides your bones with more resistance and support, a softer mattress can give you the comfort and cushion you need to sleep happy throughout the night.
What are the best mattresses to buy?
Best Mattress Overview
- Best Luxury: Saatva Classic.
- Best Value: Nectar Mattress.
- Best for Back Pain: WinkBed.
- Best Cooling: DreamCloud.
- Best for Couples: Tuft & Needle Mint.
- Best for Side Sleepers: Nolah Evolution 15.
- Most Comfortable: Layla Mattress.
- Best for Shoulder Pain: Amerisleep AS3 Hybrid.
What is the best mattress for a bad back?
Our pick of the best mattresses for bad backs
- Best for lower back pain: Sleep Sanctuary Ortho 2000 Gel Memory Mattress.
- Best for upper and middle back pain: Europa Ortho Luxury 1000 Pocket Sprung Mattress.
- Best for a firm mattress with a high spring count: Sleep Sanctuary Crystal 3000 Pocket Sprung Mattress.
Why is Harveys furniture still closed?
Harveys Furniture has gone into administration as it fails to find a buyer. 240 jobs have been immediately lost whilst 1,300 others are at risk. Harveys’ sister chain, Bensons for Beds was also put into administration, though it was bought out in a pre-pack administration by its private equity owner, Alteri Investors..
Is Harveys furniture going into liquidation?
Harveys Furniture, the second largest furniture retailer in the UK, was put into administration by its owners, Alteri Investors on the last day of June. There are 105 stores, which have been struggling for some years, and 1,575 staff. The company is looking to close 20 stores and make 240 staff redundant.
Are Harveys in financial trouble?
Harveys has become the latest casualty of the coronavirus pandemic as the furniture chain fell into administration, with the immediate loss of 240 jobs and hundreds more in danger. The chain, which is owned by private equity firm Alteri Investors, was already struggling even before the coronavirus pandemic struck.