- 1 Is it safe to stay in Union Square San Francisco?
- 2 Does the Hilton San Francisco have a pool?
- 3 What is Union Square like in San Francisco?
- 4 What should I avoid in San Francisco?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Union Square or FIsherman’s Wharf?
- 6 Where can I park in San Francisco?
- 7 Is the financial district in San Francisco Safe?
- 8 What are the worst areas in San Francisco?
- 9 Why is the tenderloin so bad?
- 10 What is there to do at Union Square San Francisco?
Is it safe to stay in Union Square San Francisco?
Union Square, adjacent to the Tenderloin, is a relatively safe district but is also a crowded shopping area, and pickpockets are active—so keep your valuables under wraps.
Does the Hilton San Francisco have a pool?
Enjoy our year- round heated outdoor pool and heated spa located on the 16th floor of Tower 3.
What is Union Square like in San Francisco?
Today, this one-block plaza and surrounding area is one of the largest collections of department stores, upscale boutiques, gift shops, art galleries, and beauty salons in the United States, making Union Square a major tourist destination and a vital, cosmopolitan gathering place in downtown San Francisco.
What should I avoid in San Francisco?
The following is a list of 10 things everyone in San Francisco should avoid at all costs:
- Driving downtown San Francisco during games for the Giants.
- FIsherman’s Wharf.
- Bay Bridge Traffic.
- Outdoor parades and events (if you’re in a rush)
- Dog *business* on the sidewalk.
- Confusing cable cars with streetcars.
Is it better to stay in Union Square or FIsherman’s Wharf?
The Wharf is a fine place to spend a couple of hours, but to some Union Square is the City. Union Square is also a center for transit and all other areas are easily traveled to via bus, cable car, BART, metro or taxi.
Where can I park in San Francisco?
Parking in San Francisco
- 725 Harrison – Lot #141 – $4 $10. Cheapest bookable Lot.
- ACE 550 California Street Garage – $16 $34. Closest bookable Garage.
- 520 Mason Street Garage – $15 $30.
- Nearby Garage.
- 10 min walk – 201 Clay Street.
- 4 min walk – 295 Bush St SF.
- 4 min walk – 619-629 Howard St SF.
- 3 min walk – 111-133 Sutter St SF.
Is the financial district in San Francisco Safe?
Financial District NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE. San Francisco’s business hub is a place of shiny skyscrapers, suited-up employees, and tons of shopping. The Financial District has a high violent crime rate and a high property crime rate for San Francisco.
What are the worst areas in San Francisco?
The 10 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in San Francisco
- Chinatown Neighborhood.
- South of Market Neighborhood.
- Ocean View.
- Bayview Neighborhood.
- Excelsior Neighborhood.
- Downtown Neighborhood.
- Outer Sunset Neighborhood.
- Western Addition Neighborhood.
Why is the tenderloin so bad?
The Tenderloin is a high-crime neighborhood, particularly violent street crime such as robbery and aggravated assault. Seven of the top 10 violent crime plots (out of 665 in the entire city as measured by the San Francisco Police Department) are adjacent plots in the Tenderloin and Sixth and Market area.
What is there to do at Union Square San Francisco?
Things to do in Union Square, San Francisco
- Union Square. Place to shop.
- Union Square. 333 Post St. Bar.
- Bartlett Hall. 242 O’Farrell St. Electronics Store.
- Apple Union Square. 300 Post Street.
- The Cheesecake Factory. 251 Geary Street.
- Macy’s. Nightclub.
- The Starlight Room. 450 Powell Street.
- Walgreens. 459 Powell Street.